To use any data connector
Generally, you use a data connector on the fly as you create a dashboard, but if you want to create a data stream outside of a dashboard, follow these steps.
1. From the Home page, in the navigation pane to the left, select Data Streams.
2. In the top right corner of the Data Streams page, click the New Data button to create a new data stream.
3. In the New Data dialog that appears, you can upload a file or select a data connector.
4. In the Data Connector Settings wizard that appears, supply the requested information and click Submit.
The wizard and the requested information is different for each data connector. See individual data connector topics for detailed information. The second page of the wizard allows you to Schedule data crawls.
5. In the Connect to the Data Stream dialog that appears, change the name of the data stream and click Submit.
6. A card for your new data stream appears on the Data Streams page with a message about the number of records in ingestion.