Workspaces are where you see your connected data sources, apply models, visualize your results, and share your findings. There are countless ways to customize your workspaces to suit your needs.
Watch the following tutorial for a brief overview of creating a workspace and adding basic widgets, or continue reading below for step-by-step instructions.
How to create a new workspace and connect a data source
1. From your Home page, select the Workspaces tab in the navigation pane.
2. Click the + (plus sign) icon in the bottom right-hand corner. It will expand to say +New Workspace. Click to begin creating your workspace.
3. In the dialog, provide a name for your new workspace. If necessary, you can always edit the workspace name and additional settings from the properties menu later.
You can also add:
Description - Provide a description of the workspace's contents.
Tags - Enter tags to categorize for future use as templates.
Members - Select team members to share your workspace with.
Image - Upload a logo or other image, or select from the extensive library of Stratifyd images to represent the dashboard.
4. Click Create when you're done.
5. To begin adding data, click the + (plus sign) icon on the lefthand side of your new workspace.
6. In the Connect Data dialog that appears, toggle to Connect. You can upload a file, or choose from one of our proprietary data connectors. Here, we'll select the Amazon Reviews data connector and click Next.
7. In the Data Connector Settings wizard that appears, supply the requested information and click Next.
Stratifyd Tip💡: The required input may change depending on which connector you've selected. For this example:
a. Specify the URL of the reviews page for the item and click Next. (To specify any additional Amazon review URLs, click Add new search.)
b. Add a comment limit
8. On the Schedule page of the wizard, you can opt to set up a recurring schedule to run the crawler periodically, but here we use the default one-time date range of one month. Click Next.
9. On the Connect to the Data Stream dialog that appears, you can name the data stream, add a brief description or tags, and add team members. Click Submit.
Your data stream will begin processing. The length of time this process takes is dependent upon the amount of data ingested.
Applying a data model
Once the structured data analysis is complete, i.e. the Data Ingestion panel indicates that the Structured Data Analysis model is up to date, you can begin adding data models to process your data.
1. Choose the Settings tab (gear icon) from your workspace.
2. Pick a connected data stream you'd like to analyze. You can also connect a new data stream at this stage.
3. In the Analysis pane, you'll see some questions to help you select the right model. Choose one of the questions and click the arrow icon to expand the menu.
4. Apply the model by picking the + icon below the model description.
5. Select the required fields and click Start Analysis, or Switch to advanced setup if you need additional options.
6. Save the analysis and it will begin processing and be visible in the Deployed models section.
Stratifyd Tip💡: You can also add a model from the models tab.
Now, it's time to consider creating a variety of widgets to help your visualize and present your data. Learn all about our widget editor here.
We're here to help! Don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance via chat or submit a ticket!