You can use the Excel File uploader on the Data Streams page as we do here, or directly in a workspace. This connector can take any valid Excel file with the file extension ".XLSX".
To upload an Excel file
Log in to your Stratifyd account and, in the navigation panel to the left, select the Data tab.
From the Data tab, click the (+) icon in the lower right corner. It will expand to say + New Data.
In the Create New Data Stream modal that appears, under the Upload category, select Excel File.
Upload your Excel file. You can browse for the file or drag and drop it.
Next, you'll be prompted to provide a name for the data stream. You can also add a brief description, appropriate tags, or share it with colleagues. Click Submit to save your new data stream.
6. Depending on the size of your file, it make take some time until the data ingestion process is complete. During this stage, you will see a progress bar.
7. Once ingestion is complete, the status reports the number of files and records ingested is visible in your workspace.
On the Data tab, you can click the tile for the data stream to view the data as well as the history and any models and dashboards using the stream.
To add more records
As more data becomes available, you can upload more Excel files to your stream.
Note: If your subsequent files do not have the same column headings as the first one, any new column headings are inserted into the table.
1. From the Home page, in the navigation pane, select Data tab.
2. On the Data tab, click the tile of the Excel data stream to which you want to upload more files.
3. On the Details page for the data stream, click Upload File.
4. In the Open file dialog that appears, navigate to the Excel file you want to add, select it, and click Open.
5. The status updates to reflect when the file is ingested and is added to the History panel.