There are a couple of ways to bring your data into the Stratifyd platform, namely via our data connectors, or uploading your own files. Watch this brief video for a tutorial explaining how to upload a CSV file.
You can use the CSV File uploader on the Data Streams page as we do here, or directly in a workspace. This connector can take any valid comma-separated values, as long as it has the file extension ".CSV". Generally, the first line of the file contains column headers for the data.
To upload a CSV file
1. From your workspace, in the navigation panel to the left, select the Data tab.
2. From the Data page, click the (+) icon in the lower right corner. It will expand to say + New Data.
3. In the Create New Data Stream modal that appears, under the Upload category, select CSV File.
4. Upload your CSV. You can browse for the file or drag and drop it.
5. Next, you'll be prompted to provide a name for the data stream. You can also add a brief description, appropriate tags, or share it with colleagues. Click Submit to save your new data stream.
6. Depending on the size of your CSV file, it make take some time until the data ingestion process is complete. During this stage, you will see a progress bar.
7. Once ingestion is complete, you'll see the number of files and records ingested on the Data page.
On the Data Streams page, you can click the tile for the data stream to view the data as well as the history and any models and dashboards using the stream.
To add more records
As more data becomes available, you can upload more CSV files to your stream.
Note: If your subsequent files do not have the same column headings as the first one, any new column headings are inserted into the table.
1. From the Home page, in the navigation pane, select Data tab.
2. On the Data Streams page, click the tile of the CSV data stream to which you want to upload more files.
3. On the Details page for the data stream, click Upload File.
4. In the Open file dialog that appears, navigate to the CSV file you want to add, select it, and click Open.
5. The status updates to reflect when the file is ingested and is added to the History panel.
To download original ingested files
1. On the Data page, click the tile of the CSV stream whose original files you want to view.
2. On the details page, in the History panel to the left, locate the file that you want to view, click the menu next to it, and select Copy File Link.
3. A message informs you that the URL is copied to your clipboard.
4. Paste the URL into your browser, and click Download. The Save As dialog appears, allowing you to navigate to a folder where you can save the file.
We're here to help! Don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance via chat or submit a ticket!